The Boo Warranty
Boo, Aluboo, and Alubooyah frames are warranted by Boo Bicycles, Inc. (“Boo”), 1750 Laporte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521.
This limited warranty covers only Boo/Aluboo/Alubooyah bicycle frames purchased directly from Boo or from authorized Boo dealers in the United States. If you purchased your Boo/Aluboo/Alubooyah outside of the United States, the specific warranty will be governed by the law of the country in which it was purchased.
Boo warrants to the original owner that the frame shall be free of defective materials and/or workmanship as follows:
- All Boo frames for ten (10) years from the date of purchase
- All Aluboo and Alubooyah frames for five (5) years from the date of purchase
- Custom paint/finish for one (1) year from the date of purchase
Dings, scratches, and other damage to the paint/finish of your frame due to normal usage and wear and tear is not covered by the Boo Limited Warranty. Touch-up paint is available on request for a reasonable charge.
If your frame experiences paint or finish failure (paint or clearcoat flaking off of the bike), it may be eligible for warranty repair or replacement.
The Boo Limited Warranty applies only to Boo, Aluboo, and Alubooyah frames. Any component warranty claims must be made directly with the component’s manufacturer.
NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY:
This limited warranty will be void in the event of, and does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Cosmetic splitting (see here for more information)
- Defects, failures, or malfunctions that result from:
- Abuse, misuse, alteration, modification, accident, neglect, downhill racing or stunt riding
- Improper assembly, installation or maintenance
- Improperly repaired/sealed splits, or
- Other abnormal, excessive or improper conditions or use.
*Damage due to normal wear and tear can be repaired for a reasonable charge.
Bamboo is a natural material and can occasionally split, depending on the climate in which you and your bike live. This is normal and should be expected, to a small degree, over the lifetime of your frame.
These splits are cosmetic and do not affect the structural integrity of your frame.
However, while splits are normal and may occur, it is important to fill the splits and seal your bike’s tubes from the elements to keep moisture from penetrating the frame and causing larger issues (and voiding your frame’s warranty).
To request a split repair kit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Crash Replacement Policy
Stuff happens–we get that. In the event that you and your Boo/Aluboo/Alubooyah experience an unfortunate event such as a crash, please contact us at email@example.com. We can repair damage at a reasonable charge and, in appropriate cases, replace your frame at a discount.
WARRANTY SERVICE PROCESS
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a short description and photos (if necessary) of the problem.
- If Boo determines that the Boo/Aluboo/Alubooyah frame you purchased is defective and the defect is covered by this limited warranty, Boo, in its sole discretion, will either repair or replace it at Boo’s cost with the same or comparable model.
- You are responsible for shipping charges associated with the repair or replacement of your Boo/Aluboo/Alubooyah frame.
THE EXCLUSIONS FROM THIS LIMITED WARRANTY The only remedies you have against Boo for a defective bicycle frame are those described in this limited warranty (i.e., repair or replacement of the bicycle frame, at Boo’s option). ANY AND ALL OTHER CLAIMS YOU MIGHT OTHERWISE HAVE FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY. THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY THAT BOO MAKES ON ITS BICYCLE FRAMES. ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE OTHERWISE IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. No Boo dealer, agent or employee may enlarge or modify this limited warranty, and Boo makes no other warranty except as stated in this limited warranty.
SAFETY AND MAINTENANCE Bicycle riding is an inherently dangerous activity and the bicycle rider is assuming that risk. Proper care and maintenance of your Boo/Aluboo/Alubooyah frame is your responsibility and can reduce the risk of injury.